NLP Starting a Business. Start Your Adventure. It can be scary and exciting.
Whenever someone is thinking about starting a business we suggest they read an extract of Joseph Campbell’s The Hero’s Journey.
You can read our version of the Hero’s Journey halfway down from the link. Starting a business can scary and exciting. If you currently have a job, take some time planning and testing your ideas before you jump ship.
Two set of ideas to consider:
Develop your proposition
- What’s it called? A simple label for it
- Who specifically are your customers? Or who specifically will be your ideal customers? What characteristics do they have?
- How do they benefit? How do you communicate this in their language?
- How will you reach them?
- Write out a description of what you do taking into account the 4 points above?
Develop your plan
- What is your vision for how you’ll benefit your customers / clients
- How will the business benefit you?
And then ask these ‘balanced scorecard questions:
- Customers. How will you market and sell? How will you measure customer satisfaction?
- Processes. What processes do you need o run the business? eg accounts, customer database etc.
- People. Probably mostly you! How do you stay healthy? How do you develop the skills you need?
- Financial. What are your projected revenue and costs? What is your projected cash flow?
Want to know more see our articles on NLP | Going Solo.
If you would like to learn more, book a telephone or Skype slot in Michael’s diary:Book a ‘no charge’ Skype / phone session in my diary, Michael, Director Business NLP Ltd
We’re delighted to include 2 podcasts and articles on starting a business.
Read about our NLP Business Practitioner Training on our Business NLP training website.