NLP Networking. Networking is a key skill. How do we get better at it?
Networking is a key business and life skill. A part of networking is stakeholder management which is a major part of business success.
Some key thoughts on networking:
- Create a list of people who you would like to meet
- Create a reason or excuse for meeting (an NLP modelling project or a research project can be great reasons)
- Work out some key questions you want to ask them
- Carry out at least some initial research. (LinkedIn can be a good start)
- Contact them for a short meeting. (Email and phone and a combination of both can work)
- Meet them. Respect their time.
- Always thank them (for their time and thoughts. ) Consider asking if they know anyone else you should ask. Always work to keep the door open for another meeting.
- If you’ve put into action anything they’ve suggested write and let them know
- Incorporate social media into your approaches
How can NLP help? You can use NLP approaches to:
- Speed up rapport and trust
- Mentally rehearse your approach at meetings
- Ask better questions by (respectfully) using the Meta Model
- Leave them feeling good by using your state management skills
If you would like to learn more, book a telephone or Skype slot in Michael’s diary.Book a ‘no charge’ Skype / phone session in my diary, Michael, Director Business NLP Ltd
We’re delighted to include 6 podcasts and articles, following interviews with successful networkers.