NLP Leadership | Leading ourselves and others. Leadership starts with Us
What are some of the steps to leading ourselves? How to lead others? The same steps are similar to both.
- Be clear on our purpose (which relate to our values and identity)
- Set a vision. Articulate it.
- What are operating rules? What culture do we want to build? What do we do when others don’t fit this culture?
- What is our strategy. How do we move towards to to our vision?
- What is our plan?
- What are the results we want? What do we measure?
NB Leadership has to be risky, we’re working towards a future that doesn’t exist yet. It it’s not risky it’s not leadership.
NLP is an enabler for all the above, from modelling good practice, solving blocks and encouraging success,
NB. It’s management’s job to reduce risk. SMART goals are a management tool rather than a leadership tool.
Want to know more? We have a section on leadership, management, action and review on: NLP Techniques | Leadership
If you would like to learn more, book a telephone or Skype call in Michael’s diary:Book a ‘no charge’ Skype / phone session in my diary, Michael, Director Business NLP Ltd
We’re delighted to include 3 podcasts and articles on leadership:
Read about Global Leadership Assessment on our Executive Coaching Global Website.